Full Time | Shenzhen, China | Secondary Division
Start Date: August 2024
The World School network, offers transformative education for ages 2-18. Established in 2018, it integrates schools' global framework with Chinese compulsory education, emphasizing innovation and long-term vision. Located in Nanshan District, the campus boasts state-of-the-art facilities and educators from New York campus. With interconnected campuses worldwide, school is uniquely positioned to develop future leaders, providing frequent feedback, professional growth opportunities, and competitive compensation for qualified educators.
School is driven by a profound mission: to transform the world through education. We don't just say it; we live it. Here school, we cultivate a community of accomplished trailblazers who engage in continuous professional development, and access exceptional opportunities for career advancement, including the chance to teach abroad. Our campuses are designed to inspire, and we are committed to pushing the boundaries of education, demonstrating what's achievable. In return, we offer competitive compensation commensurate with your skills and experience.
Above all, by joining us, you become an integral part of the mission to change the world through education.
Accreditation: NEASC, Other: NEASC-CIE
School Type: K-12 Day
Students Enrollment: Approx. 400-500
Our education makes our graduates compelling applicants for selective postsecondary pursuits. In grades 10-12, deans guide students' college process, guiding graduates on to well-chosen, desirable, and selective post-secondary pursuits. A dean is a leader (also mentor, cheerleader, confidant, and occasional tough-love-giver) who supports students' wellbeing, partners with their families and supports their journey to what's next. This comprehensive approach allows for a deeper understanding of each student, a personalized experience and trusting partnerships between school and families. Above all, deans build powerful, lasting relationships with students that extend for years during, and then beyond, their time at Avenues.
As a dean and college counselor at Avenues Shenzhen, you will:
Guide students to well-chosen, great-fit, selective pursuits after high school
• Expertly guide the entire college process, leading to students (beginning with our second-ever graduating class) wisely choosing desirable, selective post-secondary pursuits where they'll thrive
• Ensure students and families feel well informed and prepared for the college process
• Anchor the college process in powerful relationships with students and their families
Foster students' wellbeing, through powerful relationships and mentoring
• Be a key mentor and supporter in the life of each of your students
• Be an effective support system around the diverse challenges students encounter during high school
• Ensure that Avenues effectively supports each student to thrive, following through with colleagues and families to best support each unique individual
• Teach an advisory curriculum focused on holistic preparation for postsecondary success
Contribute to a dynamic, collaborative team
• Enthusiastically contribute to a dean's team dedicated to ensuring that every Avenues student thrives
• Be a resourceful and collaborative colleague, partnering with faculty, student support, division leaders, and families on students' success, growth and happiness.
• Contract Period: 2 years
• Student Contact days: 187
• Approximate Dates for the School Year: Aug 1-July 30
• Salary Range: RMB 30K-47K/month before tax
• Benefit: Health Insurance, Flights, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Housing Allowance, Moving Allowance, Tuition for children