Full Time | Shenzhen, China | Secondary Division
Start Date: August 2024
The World School network, offers transformative education for ages 2-18. Established in 2018, it integrates schools' global framework with Chinese compulsory education, emphasizing innovation and long-term vision. Located in Nanshan District, the campus boasts state-of-the-art facilities and educators from New York campus. With interconnected campuses worldwide, school is uniquely positioned to develop future leaders, providing frequent feedback, professional growth opportunities, and competitive compensation for qualified educators.
School is driven by a profound mission: to transform the world through education. We don't just say it; we live it. Here school, we cultivate a community of accomplished trailblazers who engage in continuous professional development, and access exceptional opportunities for career advancement, including the chance to teach abroad. Our campuses are designed to inspire, and we are committed to pushing the boundaries of education, demonstrating what's achievable. In return, we offer competitive compensation commensurate with your skills and experience.
Above all, by joining us, you become an integral part of the mission to change the world through education.
Accreditation: NEASC, Other: NEASC-CIE
School Type: K-12 Day
Students Enrollment: Approx. 400-500
School uses an inquiry based, interdisciplinary, project-based pedagogy and curriculum, providing multidisciplinary instruction in reading, writing, math, history/culture, science and social-emotional skills. Teachers foster student growth in a myriad of ways through personalization, inquiry, problem- based, challenges-base, project-based exploration, hands-on application, problem-solving and critical thinking. The classroom community cultivates a compassionate learning environment where students are equal and engaged in authentic learning experiences.
• Bring a sense of adventure, a strong background in experiential student-centered and project-based learning, and a growth mindset
• Engage productively in interdisciplinary translation and synthesis, as part of a multidisciplinary team in order to develop deeper understanding of concepts
• While teaching specialization and content expertise is expected, you see yourself as a teacher of interdisciplinary experiences as you will participate in the design and delivery of projects, lessons, and activities outside of your comfort zone and content area
• Develop students’ project management, organizational, and research skills necessary to conduct inquiry, problem, project or even phenomena based interdisciplinary learning
• Communicate clearly, kindly, and effectively with students and their families in support of student growth and success
• Collaborate intensively with colleagues to continually deepen student learning
• Participate actively in ongoing, intensive professional learning
• Contract Period: 2 years
• Student Contact days: 187
• Approximate Dates for the School Year: Aug 1-July 30
• Salary Range: RMB 30K-47K/month before tax
• Benefit: Health Insurance, Flights, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Housing Allowance, Moving Allowance, Tuition for children