Full Time | Tianjin, China
Start Date: Feb 2024
Established in 2013, our school serves around 1,200 students annually with approximately 85 educators, including 30 expatriate and 55 bilingual teachers. The school is situated near Beijing and consists of three sub-schools: Primary and Middle Schools follow a Chinese curriculum with intensive English programs, while the International High School offers the Australian curriculum leading to the Victorian Certificate of Education.
The school is situated in the heart of a charming, upscale "dormitory" town that's under development in the picturesque countryside near Beijing, just a convenient 40-minute drive away. Our student body consists entirely of Chinese nationals, with approximately 80% hailing from the Beijing and Tianjin regions.
Our school is also a boarding school, and all of our teaching staff either reside on campus or in nearby apartments, fostering strong ties with the local community.
Curriculum: Victorian Certificate of Education
Accreditation:Australian VCE registration (VCAA); Local Education Board
School Type: K-12 Boarding
Students Enrollment: Approx 1000 in total
• An exciting opportunity currently exists for an International Principal to lead the international programs of the constituent schools of our Tianjin school and contribute, alongside the Leadership Team, to the creation of a new strategic plan that will guide the development of the international programs over the coming years.
• With a proven track record of substantial leadership experience in a diverse, large and complex setting, the successful candidate will lead the international programs for Years 1-12.
• As the International Principal, you will be keenly interested in the Schools' English Program across all year levels, and the Senior School's VCE program delivery, and welfare of all international staff. You will also be driving continuous improvement in teaching and learning practice and academic results.
• Fundamental to the success of this role will be a highly visible, hands-on and a sensitive style of leadership with the charisma, energy, adaptability and resilience to build strong relationships across school and the broader community. You will be a broad, creative thinker who is also rigorously solutions-focused and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly developing professional environment whilst enabling others to thrive.
• Also critical to your success will be your global outlook and strong resonance with school’s vision to instil in its students an appreciation of both Chinese and international cultures and a demonstrable interest in the in the progress and ongoing development of international education in China and the crucial role that school will play in this.
• Contract Period: 2.5-year fixed-term position with possibility of extension
• Student Contact days: 190
• Approximate Dates for the School Year: Aug 1-July 8
• Salary Range: Negotiable
• Benefit: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Settling in allowance, Moving Allowance, Flights, Children Tuition Benefits, Subsidised meals in school canteen, staff shuttle bus to Beijing and Tianjin