Full Time | Shenzhen, China | Primary Division
Start Date: August 2024
The World School network, offers transformative education for ages 2-18. Established in 2018, it integrates schools' global framework with Chinese compulsory education, emphasizing innovation and long-term vision. Located in Nanshan District, the campus boasts state-of-the-art facilities and educators from New York campus. With interconnected campuses worldwide, school is uniquely positioned to develop future leaders, providing frequent feedback, professional growth opportunities, and competitive compensation for qualified educators.
School is driven by a profound mission: to transform the world through education. We don't just say it; we live it. Here school, we cultivate a community of accomplished trailblazers who engage in continuous professional development, and access exceptional opportunities for career advancement, including the chance to teach abroad. Our campuses are designed to inspire, and we are committed to pushing the boundaries of education, demonstrating what's achievable. In return, we offer competitive compensation commensurate with your skills and experience.
Above all, by joining us, you become an integral part of the mission to change the world through education.
Accreditation: NEASC, Other: NEASC-CIE
School Type: K-12 Day
Students Enrollment: Approx. 400-500
Our Primary Division provides a transformative academic program to engage young minds and promote creative thinking--in two languages. During grades 1-5, students cultivate independent thinking and deepen their understanding of what it means to be a member of a community, through a curricular emphasis on: language immersion in Mandarin and English; inquiry-oriented learning, from the self to the world; and interdisciplinary, creativity-enhancing projects.
As a Homeroom Primary teacher, you will:
• Design innovative curriculum that engages all learners in meaningful and challenging work that cultivates real-world problem solving skills and develops social responsibility
• Collaborate intensively and daily with colleagues to design learning outcomes, monitor growth, and thoughtfully address individual student needs
• Deeply connect with students, colleagues and parents to uphold a culture of welcome, safety and respect
• Invoke a robust learning atmosphere that leads students to value being at school and feel part of a rigorous and joyful learning community
• Inspire trust and confidence among parents and families
• Participate actively in ongoing, intensive professional learning
• Contract Period: 2 years
• Student Contact days: 187
• Approximate Dates for the School Year: Aug 1-July 30
• Salary Range: RMB 30K-47K/month before tax
• Benefit: Health Insurance, Flights, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Housing Allowance, Moving Allowance, Tuition for children