Full Time | Shandong, China
Start Date: August 2024
Our school was founded in 2009 with a clear mission to provide an international education to students from our city. After initially following the American AP Curriculum, for the past two years we have followed the
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
Our High School International Department consistently gets some of the best results in Shandong Province and every year many students go to the top universities in China. We are given great freedom by the main school and run as a separate section, though we do have access to the main school’s excellent facilities. The whole school covers an area of more than 14 hectares with buildings covering 150,000 square metres and is located on a beautiful park like campus.
We are proud to be the first state school in Shandong Province accredited by the IBO and the only state school offering international education . This very much influences our mission and vision,
Being the only IB school in the city and one of the few state schools in the province offering an international education places a special responsibility on us. We really believe that we can make a difference to our students, offering them the chance to experience something different that will be bridge to international universities and beyond.
School Type: 10-12 Day
Students Enrollment: Approx.200
• Ensure there are clear whole school expectations for planning, teaching and learning and assessment in place through maintaining up to date teaching, learning and assessment policies. These should be aligned to IB expectations and principles.
• Ensure all relevant policies are shared effectively with all members of the academic team
• To be responsible for ensuring the development of students’ learning skills (based on the IB Approaches to Learning and Learner Profile) is built in to the school curriculum.
• To work with individual teachers and subject leaders to help them improve their practice.
• Ensure there are other appropriate processes in place for assessing the quality of teaching and learning, for example, work scrutiny, student voice, parent voice etc
• Have responsibility for the process of lesson observations. This would include the method of observations, the process of observations, who completes them and the rubric by which they are judged against.
• Contribute to wider school events like parent’s evenings, extra-curricular events etc
• Contribute to discussions and decisions concerning HR and facilities
• Contribute to School initiative that build relationships with other schools and the community
• Contract Period: 3 years
• Student Contact days: 185
• Approximate Dates for the School Year: Aug 1-July 30
• Salary Range: Negotiable
• Benefit: Health Insurance, Flights, Housing Allowance, Moving Allowance, Tuition for children