Full Time | Beijing, China | Primary Division
Start Date: Now or August 2024
Our Beijing school has two campuses, catering to different age groups and learning needs. The City Campus is for Early Years and Year 1, equipped with excellent facilities. This serene setting provides access to excellent facilities, including a fully-equipped Sports Hall and Dining Room. Inside, children have access to various play-based creative spaces like the Maker Space, Construction Zone, Dance Studio, Visual Arts Studio, and Music and Drama Studio. It's a vibrant, nurturing environment where our youngest learners embark on their educational journeys. Located in a picturesque village, our Hegezhuang Campus is tailored for students from Year 2 upwards. The classrooms are fully customized and incorporate cutting-edge technology. The learning spaces are flexible and designed to inspire. Within this campus, you'll find two well-stocked libraries, one for Lower School and another for Upper School, boasting a combined resource collection of over 28,000 items. Additional facilities include a spacious multi-purpose theatre, a mini theatre, a versatile black-box drama area, an arts center, and a music center complete with a recording studio. The sports hall is equipped with a 25-meter swimming pool, a gymnasium for activities like badminton, volleyball, and basketball, and even a top-rope climbing wall. Outdoors, we offer tennis courts and Astro-turf playing fields perfect for football.
Our Beijing school offers a British-based international education from Early Years to A-Levels. The curriculum evolves through different phases, focusing on holistic development. Highly qualified teachers from diverse backgrounds contribute to the school's excellence.
Our Beijing school’s mission is to nurture future leaders who excel academically and in various activities. The school values intellectual growth, sports, and community service, fostering resilience and meaningful connections among students. It prepares students for top universities worldwide, emphasizing academic rigor and enrichment programs.
Curriculum: A Levels, GCSE, IGCSE, UK Early Years/EYFS
School Type: PreK/K-12 (UK13) Day
Students Enrollment: Approx. 1500 in total
• Actively promote and develop the ethos of the School.
• Lead by example in all professional matters in line with the UK Teaching Standards and the standards expected by our Beijing school.
• Uphold the expectations made by our Beijing school in regards to student behaviour such as ensuring that all students observe matters such as dress, punctuality and School rules.
• Actively establish good relations and open communication with parents.
• Support and attend all major School events.
• Maintain a teaching load appropriate to the position, including the participation in and leading of extra curricular activities both in the School day, evenings and weekends as appropriate, and as agreed with Head of our Beijing school.
• Take a fair and appropriate share of duties.
• Attend House activities including residential activities as well as Expeditions.
• Follow School policies and procedures.
• Meet deadlines in a timely manner.
• Set high expectations both academically and socially/emotionally for all pupils in your care.
• Contribute to the School’s value and ethos.
• Collaborate with colleagues in areas of planning and assessment and whole school initiatives.
• Provide a stimulating learning environment through creative and interactive displays and stimulating learning areas.
• To keep the Head of the Lower School and Head of our Beijing school fully informed of significant developments concerning any child in the form.
• To be punctual, smart and appropriately dressed and to behave in such a manner as is appropriate in line with the requirements laid out in our Staff Code of Conduct.
• Contract Period: 2 years
• Student Contact days: 180
• Approximate Dates for the School Year: Aug 1-Jun 30