Full Time | Shenzhen, China | Primary Division
Start Date: August 2024
Our school is Shenzhen's first government-funded international school, offering IB programs to expatriate and permanent resident students from Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan. Our campus, covering 24,000 square meters, emphasizes holistic education, combining traditional Chinese courses with international curriculum, fostering confident, open-minded, and responsible global citizens. Established in 2011 in the scenic Shenzhen Bay area, our school prioritizes student well-being, life skills, and character development while offering convenient public transport connections.
Our school finds its idyllic setting in a charming residential enclave along Shenzhen Bay, strategically positioned between the bustling city center of Shenzhen and the vibrant metropolis of Hong Kong. Our location benefits from excellent connectivity through a well-established public transportation network, encompassing the metro system and a comprehensive bus network, ensuring convenient access for all.
Curriculum: IB Diploma, IB MYP, IB PYP
Accreditation: CIS, WASC, EARCOS, ACAMIS
School Type: K-12, Day
Students Enrollment: Approx. 500
The overall responsibility of the EYP Teacher Librarian is to promote the school’s vision and mission and to promote the love of reading in the Early Years & Primary and greater school community.
• Create and nurture a kid-friendly, teacher-friendly, and parent-friendly learning hub for the Early Years and Primary School.
• Plan, design and implement literacy lessons connected to the Units of Inquiry and established curriculum as designated by the EY&P Principal.
• Plan and execute library events that promote literacy in collaboration with the EY&P Principal, Assistant Principal(s).
• Support the Library Manager with resource procurement and all tasks related to the logistics and operations of the school library.
• Collaborate with the ICT Coach to facilitate the implementation of Information Literacy
• Facilitate integrated research skills classes as needed and requested by teachers.
• Promote a lifelong love for reading through book clubs, book talks, author visits, community events and newsletter articles.
• Empower learners to think critically and develop referencing skills that mirror the Academic Honesty Policy.
• Liaise with Team Lead, EAL Lead, and Literacy Coach to align existing resources to the curriculum.
• Provide regular in-service training for new and returning teachers to build understanding of the multitude of library resources and literacy skills.
• Provide regular parent workshops to promote the library and literacy skills.
• Interact with students and teachers to promote regular use of the library in meaningful and robust manner.
• Supervise the library during Primary break, lunch time, morning and after school times to encourage and allow easy access to the library.
• Assist with supervision duty as assigned.
• Assist with proofreading and review of report card comments.
• Contract Period: 2 years
• Student Contact days: 185
• Approximate Dates for the School Year: Aug 1-Jun 20