Full Time | Shenzhen, China | Secondary Division
Start Date: August 2024
Our school is Shenzhen's first government-funded international school, offering IB programs to expatriate and permanent resident students from Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan. Our campus, covering 24,000 square meters, emphasizes holistic education, combining traditional Chinese courses with international curriculum, fostering confident, open-minded, and responsible global citizens. Established in 2011 in the scenic Shenzhen Bay area, our school prioritizes student well-being, life skills, and character development while offering convenient public transport connections.
Our school finds its idyllic setting in a charming residential enclave along Shenzhen Bay, strategically positioned between the bustling city center of Shenzhen and the vibrant metropolis of Hong Kong. Our location benefits from excellent connectivity through a well-established public transportation network, encompassing the metro system and a comprehensive bus network, ensuring convenient access for all.
Curriculum: IB Diploma, IB MYP, IB PYP
Accreditation: CIS, WASC, EARCOS, ACAMIS
School Type: K-12, Day
Students Enrollment: Approx. 500
The Secondary Teacher Librarian supports the school's mission, vision and values by using the school Library and its resources to promote literacy throughout the MYP and DP.
• Develop and implement a literacy program in conjunction with the Language Coaches.
• In collaboration with the Secondary Principal and Assistant Principal(s) and the Library Manager, plan and execute library events to promote literacy.
• Support the Library Manager with resource procurement and all tasks related to the logistics and operations of the school library.
• Maintain a teaching load as scheduled by the Secondary Principal.
• Support IB Core subjects as requested.
• Facilitate integrated research skills classes as needed and requested by teachers.
• Promote a lifelong love for reading through book clubs, book talks, author visits, community events and newsletter articles.
• Empower learners to think critically and develop referencing skills that mirror the Academic Honesty Policy.
• Liaise with Subject Leads to align existing resources to the curriculum.
• Create an environment that embraces a culture of positive communication and holistic learning.
• Interact with students and teachers to promote regular use of the library in meaningful and robust manner.
• Supervise the library as scheduled by the Library Manager.
• Contract Period: 2 years
• Student Contact days: 185
• Approximate Dates for the School Year: Aug 1-Jun 20