Full Time | Shenzhen, China | Primary Division
Start Date: August 2024
Our school is Shenzhen's first government-funded international school, offering IB programs to expatriate and permanent resident students from Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan. Our campus, covering 24,000 square meters, emphasizes holistic education, combining traditional Chinese courses with international curriculum, fostering confident, open-minded, and responsible global citizens. Established in 2011 in the scenic Shenzhen Bay area, our school prioritizes student well-being, life skills, and character development while offering convenient public transport connections.
Our school finds its idyllic setting in a charming residential enclave along Shenzhen Bay, strategically positioned between the bustling city center of Shenzhen and the vibrant metropolis of Hong Kong. Our location benefits from excellent connectivity through a well-established public transportation network, encompassing the metro system and a comprehensive bus network, ensuring convenient access for all.
Curriculum: IB Diploma, IB MYP, IB PYP
Accreditation: CIS, WASC, EARCOS, ACAMIS
School Type: K-12, Day
Students Enrollment: Approx. 500
EY&P English Language Coach works in conjunction with the EAL department, to ensure the development of English language learning for all students in the Early Years and Primary Division.
Teaching and Learning
• Co-plan and co-teach whole class, small group, and individual lessons for reading and writing across the curriculum in collaboration with classroom teachers.
• Resource materials to meet student’s individual learning needs and styles in collaboration with classroom teachers.
• Employ a constructivist, inquiry-based pedagogical approach to teaching and learning that promotes inquiry and the development of critical-thinking skills.
• Provide learning experiences that build on what students know and can do.
• Support the development of international-mindedness and all attributes of the IB learner profile within the curriculum.
• Use technology as a vehicle for learning and integrate ICT skills teaching within instruction where appropriate.
• Employ a range of teaching and learning strategies to promote independent thinking, inquiry and acquisition of subject specific knowledge and skills.
• Foster a stimulating learning environment based on understanding and respect.
• Ensure Language planners are differentiated, relevant and content rich.
• Provide informative Language workshops to both staff and parents throughout the year.
• Promote the understanding that all teachers are responsible for language development and PSPE.
• Demonstrate open communication based on understanding and respect;
• Develop and maintain clear lines of communication with colleagues, parents and the wider school community;
• Use professional email etiquette when communicating with colleagues, parents and Administrators.
• Guide classroom teachers and subject and grade teams on balanced literacy instruction.
• Attend and contribute to weekly Collaborative Planning meetings as required.
• Attend and contribute to weekly EAL meetings.
• Assist with the development of policies, assessments, and other components of the whole school EAL program.
• Contract Period: 2 years
• Student Contact days: 185
• Approximate Dates for the School Year: Aug 1-Jun 20