Full Time | Shenzhen, China | Primary Division
Start Date: August 2024
Our school is an international school in Shenzhen, China, affiliated with an education group in Shenzhen. Established in 1997, it prioritizes staff well-being, offers IB programs, and integrates Chinese and international students in the same class. The school's mission emphasizes global-mindedness, technological innovation, cultural heritage, and moral awareness.
Our school, a CIS Member School, is authorized for IB PYP and MYP, with plans for the DP program. It has over 500 students in grades 1-10 (expanding to grade 11). The program is in English with additional courses in Chinese language, literature, and culture.
Our school aims to provide transformative education for all students, nurturing knowledgeable, caring, and principled young learners. The school is known for its role in Chinese-international cooperation and social development in Shenzhen, fostering globally connected leaders. If you share our school's core values, it offers a unique learning community for dedicated educators.
At our school, we uphold high standards for every member of our vibrant learning community. Our mission is to offer a transformative education to each child under our care. While the majority of our students share Chinese ethnicity, we are committed to nurturing knowledgeable, compassionate, and principled young learners from all walks of life, paving the way for their future success at prestigious universities worldwide. Our school takes great pride in setting the standard for Chinese-international collaboration, fostering enterprise, and advancing social development in the thriving city of Shenzhen. We invite you to become a part of our school family, where you can actively engage as a dedicated professional educator who embraces our core values of global awareness, boundless learning, pursuit of technological innovation, appreciation for cultural heritage, and strong moral grounding. Our unique learning community is the ideal platform for your teaching journey. Join us in building a brighter future together.
Curriculum: Chinese National Curriculum, IB MYP, IB PYP, US Common Core, WIDA
Accreditation: CIS, Other: International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO)
School Type: 9-12 Boarding, K-12 Day
Students Enrollment: Approx. 500 in total
seeks a motivated faculty member to teach IB PYP Teacher and serve as an engaged member of our school community. This full-time role will have a powerful impact on the intellectual, social, and emotional development of bright, motivated students preparing to attend the most distinguished universities from around the world. Typically, IB PYP Teacher can expect:
• 24 (out of 35) x 40 minutes minutes (maximum) of instructional time per week aligned to IB PYP PSP 2020, in classes sized to support student-driven learning with actionable, timely feedback;
• Curriculum development and/or revision responsibilities, especially in the primary (Grades 1-5)
• Having dedicated time to shape great programming in collaboration with colleagues;
• Contribute to school’s full CIS and WASC accreditation under the direction of the Head of Primary School, Deputy Head of Primary, IB PYP Coordinator, and Head of Grade/Department; and
• Supporting individual student growth and the development of a growing school through flexible assignment of other duties.
• Contract Period: 2 years
• Student Contact days: 185
• Approximate Dates for the School Year: Aug 1-Jun 20
• Salary Range: RMB 30K-45K/month before tax
• Benefit: Health Insurance, Moving Allowance, Flights, Housing Allowance, Tuition for children