Full Time | Wuhan, China | Whole School
Start Date: August 2024
Our campus, opened in August 2022, comprises two separate K-12 schools. This enhances a broad education enabling students not only to have a truly international educational experience but also to receive a rich Chinese language and culture education.
We provide an international (IB) curriculum to students holding foreign passports. We will offer boarding in order to provide an education option to families across the greater Wuhan metro area as well as Hubei and neighbouring provinces. By coming to our school, staff and students will join a connected family of schools that will continue to grow over time.
We will cater for Chinese nationals, offering the Chinese curriculum for Years 1-9, leading into the senior international secondary qualifications. It is envisaged that the two schools, while legally separate, will form a model of collaboration and cross-cultural understanding. As such, the Heads of School need to be committed to working together towards achieving the School’s Mission of leveraging off the best of the East and the West.
Curriculum: A Levels, IB Diploma, MYP, PYP, Reggio Emilia, AP
School Type: K-12 Day, K-12 Boarding
Students Enrollment: Approx. 600 in total
The Deputy Head of School oversees the planning, launch and development of the outstanding boarding and students’ life programme offered by the school utilizing resources offered. This post focuses on the whole campus and guiding both schools to be represented as one.
The Deputy Head of ISA School is a core member of the school council, participating in the formulation, decision-making, and implementation of major decisions of the school. This post focuses on the whole campus and guiding both schools to be represented as one.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Deputy Head of Wuhan School is an integral leader of the overall development working closely with leaders across all functions to make an impact.
Ensure organisation of relevant probationary review meetings, appraisal meetings and training and development courses for all members of the boarding program team including the Boarding Assistant, House Parents, Deputy House Parents, House Tutors and Weekend Activity Supervisors;
• Provide an exceptional working environment through which the Boarding team will thrive based on supportive relationships and a culture of appreciation;
• Monitor the condition and ambience of each boarding house and ensure that all relevant information and facilities are available to all boarders;
• Liaise with management colleagues as required within IT and the Estates team including Maintenance, Housekeeping and Security regarding boarding program issues;
• Monitor the provision and nutritional quality of the School's catering service for the boarding community;
• Actively engage in professional development activities in collaboration with other members of the staff and on an individual basis. Professional development opportunities include attendance at workshops, conferences, boarding house observations, peer dialogue, courses, and boarding school visits;
• Protect the reputation of the school at all times by maintaining confidentiality and professionalism.
• Oversee all elements of the programmes, policies, procedures, staffing and strategic development of our world-leading boarding school integrating Chinese and Western philosophies that serve students
• Provide leadership, vision and direction for boarding programs at both schools to ensure a safe, nurturing and engaging environment for residential students from diverse backgrounds.
• Organizing and implementing on building the organizational structure, staffing, post responsibilities, operation norms and processes of boarding school programs and student campus life.
• Develop and improve boarding policies, procedures, schedules and programming in collaboration with school leadership and other stakeholders.
• Maintain frequent communication with day school leadership to ensure coordinated policies and seamless integration between boarding and academics.
• Monitor budget and expenses. Work with admissions department on-boarding recruitment and enrolment.
• Build a sense of community, belonging and spirit among boarding students. Serve as an advisor, advocate, and mentor for students and teachers.
• Oversee student life activities, advising, discipline, schedules, transportation, and other logistics for boarding students. Serve as the primary point person for parents with questions or concerns about boarding.
• Participate in crisis response and management as needed for boarding emergencies.
• Manage boarding house staff, responsible for staff management, team building, reasonable internal organization, personnel appointment, deployment, assessment, rewards, and punishments, etc.
• Cooperating with International counterpart departments and other departments to ensure the comprehensive, high quality and high standard integration of Chinese and Western courses.
• Contract Period: 2 years
• Student Contact days: 195
• Approximate Dates for the School Year: Aug 1-July 31
• Salary Range: Negotiable
• Benefit: Health Insurance, Flights, Housing Allowance, Tuition for children