Full Time | Wuhan, China | Secondary Division
Start Date: February 2024
Our campus, opened in August 2022, comprises two separate K-12 schools. This enhances a broad education enabling students not only to have a truly international educational experience but also to receive a rich Chinese language and culture education.
We provide an international (IB) curriculum to students holding foreign passports. We will offer boarding in order to provide an education option to families across the greater Wuhan metro area as well as Hubei and neighbouring provinces. By coming to our school, staff and students will join a connected family of schools that will continue to grow over time.
We will cater for Chinese nationals, offering the Chinese curriculum for Years 1-9, leading into the senior international secondary qualifications. It is envisaged that the two schools, while legally separate, will form a model of collaboration and cross-cultural understanding. As such, the Heads of School need to be committed to working together towards achieving the School’s Mission of leveraging off the best of the East and the West.
Curriculum: A Levels, IB Diploma, MYP, PYP, Reggio Emilia, AP
School Type: K-12 Day, K-12 Boarding
Students Enrollment: Approx. 600 in total
In addition to the duties of a class teacher, to be responsible for the planning, teaching and learning within the year groups taught; to be accountable for high standards across these year groups; to liaise with other teachers in the same department where necessary.
• To support the Secondary Leadership Team (SLT) in providing a clear educational vision, ethos and direction for the school, which promotes excellent teaching and learning, including the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils.
• To promote your subject and its activities/achievements, when required, through school publications e.g. newsletter, Year Book, website etc...
• To adhere to a high standard of learning and teaching of the specific subject/s the teacher has been tasked to teach.
• To follow the expectations of the school curriculum in terms of objectives, skills and content as well as liaising effectively with colleagues.
• To encourage cross-curricular approaches with other subjects, where appropriate.
• To maximise opportunities to develop and enhance the curriculum by encouraging opportunities inside and outside the school by having e.g. visiting speakers, undertaking field trips etc...
• To ensure the appropriate provision of text-books and teaching resources.
• To establish and monitor clear homework expectations.
• To display students’ work in the classroom and in the school generally, as required.
• To have a working knowledge of the school curriculum and to assess your pupils accordingly and appropriately.
• To ensure that internal examinations are set, conducted and marked in line with school expectations/policy.
• To write a comprehensible school report each semester for each student articulating their achievements and developments areas in the subject(s) you teach them.
• Contract Period: 2 years
• Student Contact days: 195
• Approximate Dates for the School Year: Aug 1-July 31
• Salary Range: RMB 30-45K/month before tax
• Benefit: Health Insurance, Flights, Housing Allowance, Tuition for children