Full Time | Guangzhou, China | Secondary Division
Start Date: August 2024
Our Education Group is committed to establishing the world's leading international education brand, providing students, parents, and teachers from many countries with a multicultural campus environment and high-quality services. At present, the we have twelve schools and programs, including four international schools, two K12 Schools open to both Chinese and foreign passport holders, four senior years programs .
We aim to be distinctive, particularly in honoring our host district Lingnan culture. We aim to incorporate special features both within the design of the facility and directly within our learning and social programs as well.
Curriculum: Reggio Emilia-inspired Early Years programme，IB PYP, MYP,DP
School Type: K-12 Day，K-12 Boarding
Students Enrollment: Approx. 300 in total
This role is one of leadership and coordination and all tasks should be read as being in liaison with colleagues and members of the teaching faculty, the other leaders and the Senior Leadership team
The Head of Academic Unit will report to Head/Deputy Head of School and International Head of School.
• Conduct regular classroom walkthroughs using McRel Software and coordination of other leaders doing classroom walkthroughs.
• Develop and implement a mentorship program and coordinate the delivery of information and assistance to faculty seeking support.
• Provide instructional leadership to individual teachers through mentoring, coaching, peer support, goal evaluations, and team-teaching opportunities.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop and implement effective, student-centered teaching strategies.
• Coordinate the evaluation of all teachers in their probation term including classroom observations; report concerns to the Sub-School Principals
• Coordinate the evaluation of all teachers who are being considered for contract renewal including classroom observations and provide a report for the Sub School Principals Head/Deputy Head of School and International Head of School during the first half of semester one.
• Identify professional learning needs of teachers across the school and work with other leaders to provide recommendations to Sub School Principals
• Contract Period: 2 years
• Student Contact days: 180
• Approximate Dates for the School Year: Aug 1-Jun 30
• Salary Range: Negotiable
• Benefit: Health Insurance, Flights, Housing Allowance, Moving Allowance, Tuition for children